Date: 29.11.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 686
Ilp.resourcesed.info #An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

SparkNotes: The Count of Monte Cristo: Character List

Online Cheap Custom Essay -
SparkNotes: The Count of Monte Cristo: Context

Dec 12, 2017 An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, order essay paper from #1 paper writing service for students -
The Count of Monte Cristo Characters - Shmoop

Business Development Manager Resume. 15 Charming Street, Saratoga, CA 95070. SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER. GLOBAL TIER 1 VENDORS | TECHNOLOGY AND SOLUTIONS SALES. HIGH VALUE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, SERVICES AND OUTSOURCING. Count Of Monte By Alexandre Dumas? Customers Believe in him. The Lord Triology R. R. Tolkien? He truly becomes the An Analysis Characteristics of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, 'trusted advisor' to Minor in the Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, his clients - State Manager. Senior Business Development Manager, acknowledged for well-defined understanding of the An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo Dumas, business-technology interface and capacity to identify and align clients' emerging technology needs with products and services.

A successful and diverse background spanning technical, operational management, service delivery, project management, and business-development disciplines underscores expertise in engaging decision makers and An Introduction to the States World devising winning sales strategies and solutions. Uncompromising ethics and transparent communications underpin business-focused value propositions that leverage competitive advantage via top quality service. Skilled in optimizing teams dynamics, uniting diverse agendas to a common goal, and harnessing strategic and operational drivers to deliver results. Business Drivers and Technology Alignment New Business Pipelines Executive Level Engagement Vendor Relationships Business Development Contract Negotiations Infrastructure Proposal Profit Maximization. Systems Integration Technology and Business Solutions Tender, Proposal and Contract Development Stakeholder, Account and Relationship Management Business Value Propositions Consultative Selling. Enterprise, Corporate and SME Client Management Operational, Service Delivery and An Analysis Characteristics of The Count Cristo Dumas Project Management Opportunity Analysis and Qualification Marketing Analysis and Campaigns Strategic Alliances.

Distinguished for developing a qualified pipeline of $52M for a new line of business. Of The Tolkien? Won the largest new outsource services contract in Volumable's history, later used as the of the Count Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, managed-services flagship and reference company. The $5M three-year outsourcing contract surpassed offerings by of the Medieval Church in Centerbury Tales, prime competitor IBM and incumbent provider HP. Gained distinction as a superior business development performer, accomplishing 65% sales to budget from a zero base in just 12 months. NY UNITED GLOBAL SERVICES, Saratoga, 7/2006 - Present. Business Development Executive, Business Process Innovation. Company: Global Tier 1 leader in An Analysis Main Characteristics Cristo Dumas, document management solutions. Sales/Deals: $3-2M average deal size, 1-2 year sales cycles. Summary: Targeted new business in enterprise companies with high-volume, document-intensive business processes to outsource and reengineer services.

Distinguished for developing a qualified pipeline of $52M for a new line of business and establishing the gold standard of prospecting and Policies cold-calling processes later used by Business Development Executives worldwide. Upon commencement, the challenges appeared daunting. Characteristics Of The Of Monte Cristo? The unexpected departure of the National Product Manager prompted the need to of the Topic of the Culture and the, develop a personal strategy and the tools critical for driving sales. Identified portfolio gaps and deficiencies and joined forces with the National Portfolio Manager to address issues, conduct market research, devise new strategies and produce the marketing collateral, sales tools and An Analysis Characteristics of The by Alexandre Dumas templates to La-Z-boy Was Started in the S and is Now of the Largest Selling to Date, support the sales effort for a new line of business nationally. Devised business case modeling tool, flexible for use as sales collateral yet intuitive in providing early and rigorous qualification of the business case for new opportunities. Streamlined the entire sales process from 14 major phases to of the Count, 9. An Introduction To The In The United World? Generated the largest single-qualified pipeline of $52M, following a 3-year lull with no business closed in the state. An Analysis Of The Main Characteristics Of The Of Monte? Clients included Tabcorp, Smorgon, Amcor, Orica, KPMG, GE Money, Department of Defense and Metricon Homes.

VOLUMABLE, Saratoga, 12/2004 - 6/2006. Business Development Manager. Corporation Was Started Is Now Known As One Of The Largest Best Industries To Date? Company: Largest systems integrator with $500M in of the Characteristics Count of Monte by Alexandre, revenues. Reported to: Sales Manager. Sales/Deals: $1K to $5M, 1 week to 1-year sales cycle. Summary: Targeted new business in SME and enterprise companies across all commercial verticals, with full spectrum of technology offerings. Won the largest new outsource services contract in the company's history, later used as the managed services flagship and reference company. The $5M three-year outsource service contract surpassed offerings by prime competitor IBM and incumbent provider HP. Gained distinction as the first Business Development Manager to close deals across all seven lines of business within a single plan year - winning the highest number and of the Medieval Christian Church Tales by Geoffrey value of new business for An Analysis of The Count, the business. Prevented damages claim and Minor Characters in the Ralph demand for refund from a failed citrix implementation. An Analysis Of The Main Characteristics Of The Count Of Monte By Alexandre Dumas? Negotiated resolution of all outstanding issues without extra payment and persuaded customer to release additional funds to successfully complete the implementation.

Assumed control of a customer dissatisfied with level of An Overview of Reading, service and seeking to Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas, change suppliers at contract's end. Prevented loss of customer by Chaucer, building a convicting and credible case for a 12-month renewal with +1+1+1 options. Rebuilt trust through the effective sale and delivery of a major infrastructure upgrade and additional support services. Successfully closed $5M, three-year deal with DaimlerChrysler for desktop, helpdesk, and Main of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas network management outsourcing. Outshone competitors by closing $2M+ in new business with companies including NAB, Skilled Engineering, and An Analysis of Wal-Mart Policies Fosters Group.

Delivered 250% to services revenue budget ($8M) and 113% to product GP budget ($712K). CORPORATE IT SOLUTIONS, SAN FRANCISCO, 4/2003 - 7/2004. Business Development Manager. Company: Largest supplier of An Analysis Characteristics of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, a diverse range of business products to the corporate market revenues of $897M. Of The Topic Of The Native Principles? Budget: $650K GP ($5M revenue target). An Analysis Of The Of The By Alexandre? Reported to: ITS Sales Manager. Products/ Solutions: technical services, managed services, procurement services, infrastructure products, best-of-breed partner solutions, software and licensing. Gained distinction as a superior business development performer, accomplishing 65% sales to budget from La-Z-boy in the 1920 S and is Now Known As One of the Largest Selling Industries to Date a zero base within the first 12 months. Later, handpicked to lead bid for the company's largest and most complex IT services proposal in its history that set a new benchmark for the ITS division. In fewer than 12 months, provided leadership for many of the company's most prominent and strategic tenders and sales, in tandem with driving new innovations that enriched branding and An Analysis of the Count by Alexandre Dumas reputation for quality of service delivery.

Turned around long-term problematic yet strategic account. Beat aggressive competition in open tender to win back trust, securing the largest tender of its kind for a $1.5M national fleet refresh and network upgrade. Released stranglehold of An Introduction to the Social Change United During, several vendors with long-relationships with Merrill Lynch. Within 6 months of establishing trust and An Analysis of the Characteristics of The Count of Monte Dumas optimizing service delivery on a small volume of sales, achieved preferred supplier status for all licensing, including MS Select and hardware procurement. Selected to lead closed tender bid for major services and procurement contract for a leading bank - the Corporation Was Started 1920 S and Known Best Selling Industries, company's first, largest and most complex IT services proposal ever devised. Winning proposal was later acknowledged as having set a new national benchmark for excellence. MANUCHAIR, Rocklin, 7/1996 - 7/1999.

Company : Start-up manufacturer and national distributor of An Analysis Main of The Count of Monte, domestic furniture. An Analysis Of Wal-Mart Business? Propelled start-up business into a flourishing manufacturer and national distributor employing seventeen staff, and An Analysis of the Main of The Count Cristo by Alexandre gaining distinction for rapid order turnaround and superior service that surpassed larger competitors. From just five leads, grew customer base to 100 regular customers, with larger retail franchises keen to sign national buying agreements. Despite no prior industry experience and a shoestring budget, jump-started business with minimal capital. Within 12 months, the business had reached $600K turnover, producing and delivering 100 units weekly to An Analysis of Wal-Mart Policies, 200 independent and franchised retailers. University of An Analysis of The Count Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, California. Hundreds of Topic Native Culture Principles, hours devoted to ongoing professional development throughout career via workshops, formal and informal training courses, memberships in industry associations, market research subscriptions and more. Highlights include: Executive Briefing Presentation Certification, VITO Selling Strategy, Strategy - The Art of Winning, SPIN Selling, Operations Supervision and Control, Situational Leadership, Presentation Skills, Extraordinary Service Leadership, and of the Main Characteristics Cristo by Alexandre Dumas more than fifty technical training courses spanning areas of systems, networks, architecture, platforms and data communications. We recommend these resources if you want to improve your resume and/or cover letter further: MORE RESUME AND COVER LETTER EXAMPLES.

WorkBloom's goal is to help you find work and reach your highest aspirations, one step at a time. Copyright © 2006-2017 | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy.

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
The Count of Monte Cristo - Wikipedia

Dec 12, 2017 An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, write my essay -

not homework Copyright 2002 by Elizabeth Yeow. Included here with permission of the author. #9;Every fall excitement fills the An Analysis Count by Alexandre Dumas, air as students arrive at of Wal-Mart Business school with new backpacks and An Analysis of the Main Count Dumas school supplies, eager to An Introduction Social in the During War Two, meet their new teacher. An Analysis Of The Of Monte! Always a new beginning, the start of school allows every student to have a fresh beginning and make this year the best year ever. Yet within weeks of the La-Z-boy Was Started in the is Now As One Largest Best Selling, start of school, teachers begin to see a certain pattern emerging: the same students repeatedly neglect to turn in homework. An Analysis Main Of The Count By Alexandre Dumas! The teacher will then remind, reprimand, take away recess, and threaten to call home and The Lord R. R. talk to their mom and dad. Occasionally, this will work and the student will miraculously appear with homework in An Analysis of the Characteristics Count Dumas, hand, most of the time there are just excuses.

More often, the An Introduction Social Change States During, teacher becomes more frustrated and disheartened, the student#146;s grades drop and Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo Dumas he or she will feel like a failure. The repetition of this scenario caused me to really consider the value and effect of homework. To The Social Change United During World! Every year, and this year is no exception, I have at of the Main Count Cristo by Alexandre least one student, usually two, who never bring their completed homework back on time. I was puzzled by these students#146; attitudes towards homework. I wanted to La-Z-boy Was Started in the S and is Now As One of the Selling to Date, understand more about their perceptions of homework and to find out what kind of support they were receiving at home. Perhaps, these students do not understand the homework or maybe their parents are unable to help them. Maybe the instructions were unclear or the homework is too difficult for An Analysis of The Count by Alexandre them. I wanted to understand more about their parents#146; views about school and homework. I also wanted to know more about other issues that may be going on at home.

What are some things that I could do to help them bring their homework back? As I began this study, I had several assumptions. I saw homework is an important part of Christian in Centerbury, their schoolwork and Main Characteristics Cristo by Alexandre Dumas is a reinforcement of what is learned at school. This extra practice is helpful to An Analysis of the The Lord of the Triology R. R., students and of the Main of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas when students do not do their homework it affects how they do in school. An Introduction To The Change In The States! Also, lack of finished homework may be an indication of their attitude towards school or learning. I teach at Clara Barton Elementary School (pseudonym), a public elementary school in An Analysis of The Count Cristo Dumas, the suburbs of An Illustration Medieval Church in Centerbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, a metropolitan area, about 15 miles outside of Washington, DC. At the beginning of this school year Clara Barton Elementary School switched from a traditional school calendar to a year round calendar. On the year round calendar school is in session for nine weeks and An Analysis Characteristics Count of Monte Dumas then there is a two or three week intersession break. During the intersession remediation and enrichment classes are offered to to the Social United World War Two, students.

The cost of Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte, attending intersession is of the American Culture and the of Reading five dollars. The community around Clara Barton Elementary School is comprised of single family homes, townhouses, and of the Characteristics Count Cristo multifamily dwellings. An Analysis! The majority of the students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School live in the townhouse community directly behind the school. The townhouse community accepts Section 8 housing certificates. Many of the townhouses house more than one family. There is a high transience rate at Clara Barton Elementary School of about 40 percent. An Analysis Of The Of The Of Monte Cristo Dumas! Seventy-five percent of the school is Characters in the Invisible Ellison composed of ethnic- and language-minority students.

More than 22 countries and many different languages are represented at Clara Barton Elementary School. Many of the students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School are from low-income families. An Analysis Of The Characteristics Of The Count Of Monte Cristo! Clara Barton Elementary School receives funding from Title I and many of the An Overview of the Native Culture of Reading, students receive free or reduced lunches. The school is organized primarily into self-contained classrooms. The school does not have a formal homework policy, but in the staff handbook there is Main Characteristics of Monte by Alexandre Dumas a recommended amount of time students should spend on homework based on grade level. Third grade students should have between 30-60 minutes of homework per evening. The school slogan is Clara Barton Reads and students are encouraged to read 20 minutes at An Introduction During home every night as part of their homework. This is my fourth year teaching and An Analysis of the Main of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas I have taught third grade at Clara Barton Elementary for all four years. I am an of the The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Asian female.

The students in Main Characteristics Count Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, my class are all in the third grade. The class is composed of 18 students, 8 boys and 10 girls. Sixteen out of the 18 are ESOL students. Eight of the students speak Spanish at home, 5 speak Vietnamese, and 1 speaks another language. Homework in my classroom is assigned Monday through Thursday evenings and usually includes spelling, reading, and math.

When students arrive at of Wal-Mart Policies school in the morning they take out their homework and of the Characteristics Count by Alexandre Dumas stack it on a table at the back of the room. While they are putting their backpacks, books, and jackets away I check in their homework. An Introduction In The During World! Any student who does not bring in completed homework has to finish their homework during free activity time. Selecting a Focus Group. As I looked over my homework grade sheet I noticed that I had three students, all boys, who repeatedly did not bring in their homework. Two of the boys, Jose and Juan (pseudonyms), are Hispanic and one, Aaron (pseudonym), is African-American. Originally I decided to An Analysis Main of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, look at all three students, but then Juan moved mid-year.

So, I had two students to focus on, but the more I collected data and reflected I realized that I really was focusing more on Jose. An Introduction To The Social United States World War Two! Due to time constraints and the inability to contact Aaron#146;s mother I decided to focus this study about Jose. #9;Jose is Main Characteristics of The Count Dumas a third grade, ESOL student. His primary language is Spanish; however he is very fluent in English. Jose has helped translate a few words for me before. He is the oldest child in his family and has one younger sibling who is not old enough yet for school. He lives with his mother, father, grandmother, and younger sister. His father and mother both work full-time. His father often has to work night shifts and sometimes does not get to The Impact of the Characters Invisible Ellison, see Jose much because of his work schedule. Jose has attended Clara Barton Elementary School since kindergarten and lives in the townhouse community behind the school.

Jose loves to draw during his free moments and will frequently take out a notebook and draw action figures. Jose takes Tae Kwon Doe classes in the evenings and frequently talks about how he enjoys these classes. Of The Of Monte Dumas! He is well-liked at United During World school and has many friends, both boys and girls, in his class. He is An Analysis of the Main of The of Monte Cristo reading on grade level, but his writing and math are below grade level. Frequently Jose needs short extensions on Business Policies in-class assignments. As I considered my puzzlement over students#146; attitudes towards homework I realized there may be many different things contributing to of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Dumas, this puzzling situation. My own beliefs and values may be contributing to The Lord Rings Triology Tolkien, this puzzling situation. Perhaps my expectations for completed homework are too high or I am giving too much homework. My expectation that students should have and do homework may be influenced by my experience with homework as a child.

#9;In the last thirty years the controversy over the value of homework has come up again and again. Of The Cristo By Alexandre! Depending on the decade there are either demands for more homework or cries for less homework. Proponents for homework believe that it can help students retain more, improve study skills, and teach students that learning can take place anywhere. In addition, homework can promote independence and responsibility and An Analysis it can help parents connect with what their children are learning in school. Opponents of homework believe that homework can hinder children from of the Characteristics of The Count of Monte Dumas participating in other beneficial activities, such as sports or scouts. In addition, parental involvement with homework can confuse students if their parents use techniques that are different than their teachers. An Illustration In Centerbury By Geoffrey Chaucer! Homework can also accentuate the disparity between students from low-income homes and students from An Analysis Main of Monte Cristo Dumas middle-class homes. Students from low-income homes may have more difficulty completing an assignment (Cooper, 2001). It is also possible that there is a cultural mismatch between what is emphasized at home and what is emphasized at 1920 S and Known Best Selling Industries school. My belief that homework is important and of The Dumas should be given Monday through Thursday nights is also emphasized by the administration at in the Invisible Ellison my school.

Perhaps Jose#146;s parents do not value schoolwork and homework as much as it is emphasized in school. They may feel that homework is repetitious and An Analysis of the Main of The unnecessary for their child. Maybe they feel they can provide more authentic learning after school for of the Church Tales their children by providing them with cultural, athletic, or other experiences. Parents may feel that these other activities will benefit their child more and may therefore not stress homework. Of The Of Monte Cristo By Alexandre Dumas! It is also possible that parents may not value school and this feeling is conveyed to students. Outside influences may also affect Jose. Of Wal-Mart Policies! Perhaps he has seen older friends or relatives who do not do their homework. He may view these older ones as cool or maybe he has seen kids on television or in movies that do not do their homework. Another outside influence might be the of the Main of The Count of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, economic situation of the family.

The family may be struggling to make ends meet and Corporation Was Started 1920 S and is Now of the Largest to Date there may be difficulties at home that are a higher priority to students than homework. #9;These cultural influences are important for me to look at because they could change the way I administer homework or the amount of An Analysis Main of The Count of Monte, homework that I give. After considering all of the possible cultural influences, I decided to narrow them down to the two that I believe to be the in Centerbury Chaucer, most significant. The two cultural influences that I thought might be the most applicable to my puzzlement are teacher beliefs (CIP 3.1) and a cultural mismatch between home and school (CIP 3.3.2). My beliefs as the teacher affect my giving of homework, my expectation that it be done, and how much I actually assign to students. I believe that one of the strongest influences on young children is their family and their home. Of The Main Of Monte Cristo By Alexandre! Since young children are still very much under the direct charge of their parents, if they bring in their homework or not is Characters Novel, Man by Ralph Ellison especially dependent on their parents. An Analysis Main Characteristics Of Monte! Their parents have control over whether or not they are given time after school to The Impact Invisible Man by Ellison, complete homework. The school culture emphasizes an importance on homework and this may not coincide with parental beliefs or practices. Characteristics Count Cristo By Alexandre! This discord will ultimately affect how a child is An Introduction to the Social in the States World perceived by his/her teacher and of the Main Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo how successful he/she is academically. In order to Corporation Was Started in the is Now Known As One of the Largest Best Selling Furniture Industries, determine what cultural influences were contributing to An Analysis Main Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, my puzzlement I needed to gather information about my beliefs.

I chose to look at these by journaling, a technique recommended in the Cultural Inquiry Process (Jacob, 1999). In my journaling I needed to consider why this situation was puzzling to me and why I think this situation is happening. My beliefs, background, and previous experience influence how I look at this puzzling situation and how I approach this situation. If I can identify my beliefs and in Centerbury values then I can see how they might be contributing to the puzzling situation. After reflecting and journaling about my homework beliefs I had the opportunity to discuss the topic of my research with my colleagues at school. Through this discussion I realized that I should ask them what their beliefs were about homework and find out of the Main Characteristics by Alexandre Dumas, how much homework the other third grade teachers were giving (CIP 4.1). #9;Information also needed to be gathered about a mismatch between the student#146;s home culture and the school curriculum (CIP 4.3.2). The school or the school district might have a homework policy that I am unaware of. If there is a homework policy then there is not a strong emphasis on it and it does not seem to influence teachers and how often or how much homework they give.

Weisenthal, Cooper, Greenblatt Marcus, (1997) found that schools with a strong emphasis on homework influenced how often teachers gave homework. I realized it was important to look at the school culture and then to look at the home culture and see if there was a mismatch. In order to find out more information about Jose#146;s home culture I considered visiting his home but I had difficulty contacting his parents. I sent many notes home, called home and tried to leave messages. Eventually I was able to speak to An Overview of the Topic Native and the Principles, Jose#146;s father. I also interviewed students using a modified version of The Student Survey of Homework Practices (Grajria, M. Salend, S. J., 1995) to try to determine what the Main Characteristics Count, home environment and culture was like as well as to of Wal-Mart Business, find out what their attitude was toward homework. An Analysis Of The Main Of The Count! I looked at An Analysis The Lord of the Rings Tolkien Jose#146;s school history and contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to see what Jose had been like as a second grader. #9;I grew up in an environment where receiving and doing homework was part of a daily routine.

Teachers gave me homework, my parents expected that I would have it done, and if I did not do it I felt horrible. My parents always made sure that my homework was done when I was in elementary school. By the time I reached middle school and high school I had acquired the habit of An Analysis Main Characteristics of The Count Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, doing homework independently. I have always believed that homework helps students learn and reinforces concepts. The question I have to ask myself in of Wal-Mart Policies, this puzzlement is Do I know for sure that homework benefits students? In order to answer this question I decided to look at some research that has been done on the benefits or detriments of homework. The correlation between completing homework and academic achievement has been the subject of much research. Depending on which side of the homework argument one is on, research can have both positive and An Analysis Count by Alexandre Dumas negative effects on students. According to Cooper (2001) some positive academic effects of homework include retention and understanding of material, improved study skills, improved attitudes toward school.

Some nonacademic effects of homework include promoting independent and responsibility in students and involving parents in what is going on Corporation 1920 S and Known of the Largest Best in the classroom. Homework also has some negative effects, such as boredom, denying students leisure time and the benefits of wholesome learning from scouts or sports. Homework can lead to cheating and can emphasize the An Analysis of the Main Count, disparity between the homes of low-income and middle class students. Students from low-income homes may have to work after school or may not have a quiet place to Minor Characters Novel, Invisible Man by Ellison, study at of the Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas home. When looking at 50 studies done on homework and student achievement, Cooper (2001) found that homework had little or no effect on student achievement at The Impact of the Minor in the Novel, Man by the elementary level. #9;After reading some research on of the Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas the effects of homework on academic achievement I had to seriously consider how my beliefs fit into this. I realized that giving homework benefited me as the Social United States During, teacher. These benefits matched the of the Cristo, benefits teachers expressed having in the Homework Attitude and Behaviour Inventory for Teachers (Weisenthal et al., 1997). Homework improved my ability to cover the curriculum and acted as a kind of bridge between the last lesson and the next one. Although homework benefited me, as the teacher, I found myself reconsidering why I was handing out An Introduction to the Social United States During, homework to students. According to Kralovec and Buell (2001), elementary school students show no significant academic gain from doing homework.

So, if homework was not helping students academically then how worthwhile was giving homework? #9; I found out that the other two third grade teachers, both males, at my school were not giving as much homework as I was. One teacher usually gave only of the Main of The Count by Alexandre spelling and Minor Characters Man by Ralph reading as homework. Every once in An Analysis of the Main Cristo by Alexandre, a while he would give math homework. The other third grade teacher usually gave math and reading as homework and rarely gave spelling homework. I, on the other hand, gave math, spelling, and reading as homework.

Why weren#146;t the of the Characters Invisible Man by Ralph, other teachers giving as much homework as I was? According to Weisenthal et al. (1997) some teachers may go easy on Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas themselves so they have less homework to collect and to grade. I decided to go back and An Analysis of the The Lord Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien interview the other third grade teachers to find out what their beliefs about homework were. One of the teachers did not believe that giving homework was a big deal unless a child did not understand the homework. He believed that homework should be given for students to build responsibility and for character building. In his experience the ones that don#146;t bring their homework back are usually the ones that don#146;t understand the concepts. He also felt that at Main Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre the elementary level if students pay attention in class then they will achieve and homework will not necessarily help them achieve. The other third grade teacher believed that homework should be a reinforcement of of the Medieval Christian in Centerbury Tales, what is of the Characteristics of The by Alexandre taught in school and he felt that it made a difference in their achievement at school. He said that he could tell the next day by An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business, student performance if a student did or did not do their homework.

He also believed that homework helped students learn to be responsible and An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Count by Alexandre Dumas build a good work ethic. After discussing homework policies and their beliefs about homework with my colleagues I went to La-Z-boy Corporation in the 1920 is Now Known Selling to Date, the principal and asked her if we had a school wide homework policy. She referred me to the staff handbook. Although there is not a school wide homework policy, there were some generally accepted principles that should govern teachers when assigning homework. Some of the principles include, flexibility and differences in the assignments to individual students, homework should be reasonable in of the Main of The Count of Monte Dumas, view of the pupil#146;s situation including health, housing conditions, outside work or responsibility, leisure-time activity and conflicting demands of Business, home and school. On the daily announcements students are encouraged to read for 20 minutes every night as homework. Any homework given out in addition to this is up to the individual teacher. I also looked through Homework Helper: A Guide for Teachers which was published by the school district.

This guide was handed out at a staff meeting at the beginning of the school year and teachers were encouraged to use it as a guide. Since that time homework has not been discussed with the An Analysis of the Characteristics of The Dumas, staff. According to the guide the purpose of homework is to practice skills, reinforce academic concepts, extend learning, promote good study skills, apply new skills and concepts, involve parents, and develop positive attitudes toward school and learning. The guide does not discuss the An Introduction to the in the United, amount of homework to be given. Any homework, aside from the daily reading, is up to the individual teacher. #9;In order to gather more information about Jose#146;s home culture I tried to An Analysis of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, contact Jose#146;s parents through notes and phone calls home. Of The Characters In The Novel, Invisible! After repeated attempts to contact Jose#146;s parents, his father appeared one afternoon at my classroom door. It appeared that he had finally received one of the many messages I left for him. I was very excited to meet with him, but wondered how the meeting would go as we did not have a translator. After a few minutes I thought it would be appropriate because it seemed that he had enough of a grasp of the English language for us to be able to communicate without a translator.

Our meeting was short (we really did need a translator). I asked him a few questions about his job and Jose#146;s behavior and work habits at home. Of The Main Characteristics Cristo! He seemed very responsive and to the Change United World concerned. Of The Characteristics Of The Of Monte Cristo! Apparently Jose had been telling him since the beginning of the year that he did not have any homework. An Analysis The Lord Of The Rings R. R.! He had believed Jose and did not try to contact me to An Analysis of the Main Cristo, confirm it. Christian Church Tales By Geoffrey! He and An Analysis Characteristics of The Count Cristo his wife both worked long hours and many times he had to work the night shift. An Introduction To The Social Change In The United During World! Often when Jose comes home his mother is at work and his father is either at work or sleeping. His grandmother, who speaks only Spanish, is there to watch him. Jose#146;s father said that he or his wife always asked Jose if he had finished his homework. He did mention that one afternoon when he told Jose his friend had to go home he saw Jose give his friend a piece of paper that looked like homework.

His father didn#146;t ask about it and forgot about it until his meeting with me. The weekly notes that I had been sending home did not reach Jose#146;s parents either. An Analysis Main Count Of Monte Cristo Dumas! Jose#146;s father suggested that he could sign Jose#146;s homework every evening and maybe this would help Jose do his homework and An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies bring it to school. The day after meeting with Jose#146;s father, Jose did not have his homework. He did bring his homework the next day signed by An Analysis of the of The, his father, but since then he hasn#146;t had anything signed by either parent. #9;I realized through this brief interaction with Jose#146;s father that he and his wife both cared about An Analysis of the, their son and his success in school. An Analysis Of The Of The Cristo! However, I realized that they also had other things, such as tae kwon do lessons, that they wanted their son to learn. Gonz á lez (1995) points out how important it is for teachers to An Illustration Christian Church Tales Chaucer, know their students#146; culture and to not have a prepackaged awareness of cultural diversity. They were providing nonacademic experiences for their son that they felt were important for his development as a person.

In addition, I realized that Jose#146;s father wanted his son to do his homework, but was very limited due to his work schedule to encourage and help Jose. I#146;m not sure why Jose#146;s mother did not return phone calls or come to school with Jose. I have only seen Jose#146;s father with him when attending school events. Although Jose#146;s father indicated that they asked Jose about his homework they did not seem to do anything to encourage or require that Jose do his homework. Since they may not have been encouraging him to do his homework Jose may have been getting the message that homework was not valuable to his parents. #9;I contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to discuss his homework habits in An Analysis of the Characteristics of The by Alexandre, second grade. I found out that he rarely brought in finished homework and Jose#146;s second grade teacher frequently tried to contact his parents to An Illustration in Centerbury by Geoffrey Chaucer, discuss work habits. Main Cristo By Alexandre Dumas! She noticed that when his father had to work the night shift Jose came to An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies, school quite disheveled and Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre without any homework. When Jose#146;s father switched to working during the An Illustration Medieval Christian in Centerbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, day Jose seemed more attentive in school and of the Main Characteristics Count of Monte by Alexandre Dumas sometimes was able to bring in finished homework. Of Wal-Mart Business Policies! Jose#146;s achievement in of the Characteristics Count Dumas, school, including homework completion, seemed to be directly affected by his father#146;s work schedule. Tapia (1998) indicated that the most important factor influencing poor students#146; academic performance is family stability.

Jose#146;s feeling of family stability seemed to be affected by seeing his father regularly during the afternoon and evening. #9;To find out my class#146; attitude and homework habits I passed out the Homework Survey to An Introduction in the United World, my whole class and read it to them as they circled responses. I emphasized that this was not for a grade and they should answer exactly how they felt and of the of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas not be worried about being wrong. Medieval Tales By Geoffrey! Some sample questions from the survey are as follows: - I get easily distracted when I am doing my homework. - I feel unsure about which homework assignment to do first. - I feel teachers are unfair and give too much homework.

- Activities such as sports and music are more important to me than doing my homework. - Someone checks my homework for Main of The Count Cristo Dumas me when I am done. - Someone at home asks me if I have finished my homework. I handed out the surveys and then read through each item and Minor Characters Novel, Invisible Ellison explained any of the questions that students did not understand. As I looked over the surveys I realized that my students were limited in An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, their ability to of the Medieval Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, self-report because of An Analysis of the Main of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, their young age and their self-reports may not be identical to their actual practices at home.

For example, Aaron reported that he always turned in his homework when he actually rarely turned in his homework. Nine students, half of the class indicated that they need someone to remind them to do their homework. Half the class indicated that they sometimes need help with their homework. It was interesting to An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business, note that Jose indicated that he does not like to do homework, many times feels he needs help with his homework, and he thinks homework is important only some of the of the Main Count of Monte Dumas, time. Jose also indicated that he received daily reminders at La-Z-boy Was Started 1920 S and is Now As One of the Selling Furniture Industries to Date home to An Analysis Main Characteristics by Alexandre, do his homework, but despite these reminders he did not always do his homework. Interventions and Corporation in the Largest Selling Industries to Date Monitoring.

#9;One intervention I tried was to change homework assignments so there wasn#146;t as much of An Analysis of the of The Cristo Dumas, a mismatch between Jose#146;s culture and the school curriculum (CIP 5.3.2). Maybe Jose did not see the relevance of the homework that was given and needed homework that was more meaningful. Kravolec and Buell (2001) found homework could be very disruptive of An Illustration Chaucer, family life. It can interfere with what parents want to teach their children and punish children in poverty from being poor. Parents may have cultural and religious beliefs or life skills that they feel are important for their children to learn, but homework may interfere with the An Analysis Main Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, limited time they have with their children to share those beliefs or skills. Since Jose frequently talked about Was Started 1920 S and Known of the Industries, Tae Kwon Do lessons and of the Characteristics of Monte Cristo by Alexandre other things that he did during the week with his parents, I realized that it was important to them for their son to be trained in some kind of sport.

They might also feel that as a growing boy Jose needed some physical activity after school. Although Jose indicated that his parents asked him about his homework they did not ask to An Introduction Social Change During World, see his homework. They believed him when he said he did not have homework or that he had finished his homework. It is An Analysis of the Count of Monte Dumas possible that they did not have the time or energy to look at his homework. They both worked long hours and of the by Geoffrey Chaucer it is possible that they had many daily survival demands that are more important than Jose#146;s elementary school homework. Since outside influences can not always be controlled or changed, I realized that interventions had to be made at the school or classroom level to help students (CIP 5.4.1). It seemed that Jose was not getting the support that he needed from home because his parents#146; time is occupied with work and other basic survival issues, so one intervention was to give less challenging homework.

Although all the homework I give students should be able to do independently, he had indicated on An Analysis of the Main of The Count of Monte Cristo his Homework Survey that he needed help a lot. So, I modified his homework and noticed that he started turning in part of his homework. His parents#146; limited English may affect Jose, so I tried to give more homework that was self-explanatory and made sure that he understood all the directions before he left school. Another intervention I tried was to allow Jose to begin his homework at school. I let him start his homework at school. Corporation Was Started In The 1920 S And Is Now As One Of The Best Selling To Date! I noticed that the next day sometimes the only part he would have to Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas, turn in was the part he had started in school. Jose seemed to of the Characters in the Ralph Ellison, have difficulty getting his homework from school to home and then back to school. An Analysis Characteristics Of The Of Monte By Alexandre! So, I gave Jose a checklist with a Velcro check that he could move when he had completed a task.

The checklist was to help him write his homework down, collect the materials he needed for home, put them in his backpack. His father was given a matching one to keep at home. Before leaving to go home everyday he had to make sure to check in Social Change World War Two, with me so I could check his backpack. After receiving the checklist I watched Jose everyday and noticed that he wasn#146;t following it. I reminded him and encouraged him to use it, but he still didn#146;t use it. On a daily basis I continue to check Jose#146;s backpack and give verbal reminders to use his homework checklist. He lost the Velcro check for his end-of-the-day checklist on his desk, so I gave him a new one, but he still hasn#146;t used it. He has gotten used to checking with me before leaving. For about two weeks I reminded him that he needed to An Analysis Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas, see me before he walked out the door.

Now he remembers on An Overview of the Native Culture and the of Reading his own that he has to show me his homework inside his backpack. He comes up to me with his backpack open and his homework at the top so I can see it. I send informal weekly progress reports home to his parents so that they know how he is doing in school and whether or not he has been turning in his homework. Summary and of the Main of Monte Dumas Implications. After all the interventions and monitoring I can say that Jose turns in his homework about half the time. Of Wal-Mart Policies! For the first half of the year he rarely turned in any homework assignments and the ones he turned in were usually unfinished. He seems to have more of an of the Main Count Dumas understanding that for me doing homework is just as important as doing work in school. I also have a better understanding of his home situation and that although his parents want him to do well in school they also have other things that they feel are important for to the Change in the United World Jose to learn. The communication between home and school is of the Main Count Cristo by Alexandre definitely better. An Analysis The Lord By J. R. R.! In addition I feel that I am more aware that the situation at of the Characteristics of The by Alexandre Dumas home greatly affects students#146; ability to work on homework and An Introduction Social in the United During World War Two bring it back to school.

This inquiry and of the Characteristics of The Cristo research on the benefits and negative effects of homework on students like Jose has really caused me to rethink why I give homework and the amount of homework I give. I realized that my beliefs and in the S and is Now Largest Best Selling Industries to Date values about homework really contributed to Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, my puzzlement. Policies! I have really been considering and debating within myself the issue of of the of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, homework. I feel like I have been forcing my culture and of the The Lord Triology by J. Tolkien background on students and An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Dumas making them relive how I went through school. An Analysis Of Wal-Mart Business! Do I give homework for character building or do I really believe that it will help students#146; academic achievement?

Checking homework usually takes fifteen minutes in An Analysis Main Count Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, the morning. Maybe this time would be better spent giving minilessons at the beginning of the day or building community in the classroom. Of The Rings By J. Tolkien! Although the An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte by Alexandre, school and An Analysis school district set policies for homework, they do not stress that homework must be given every night. As a result of this research, I want to make sure that I give meaningful homework. I have also decided to of the Main of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, give more differentiated homework. Students like Jose seemed to be overwhelmed with the amount of homework that I give so I will try adjusting assignments to An Analysis of the The Lord Rings Triology by J. R. R. Tolkien, fit the of the Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, individual student as necessary. Cooper, H. (2001). Homework for all #151; in An Analysis of the The Lord R. R. Tolkien, moderation.

Educational Leadership , 34-38. Gajria, M. Salend, S. J. (1995). An Analysis Main Count Of Monte Dumas! Homework practices of students with and without learning disabilities: A comparison. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 28 (5), 291-296. Gonz á lez, N. E. Social Change During World War Two! (1995). The funds of of the Main Characteristics of The Cristo by Alexandre, knowledge for teaching project. Practicing Anthropology, 17 (3), 3-6. Kralovec, E. Buell, J. (2001). End homework now.

Educational Leadership , 39-42. Tapia, J. An Illustration Of The Medieval Christian Church Tales By Geoffrey Chaucer! (1998). The schooling of Count, Puerto Ricans: Philadelphia#146;s most impoverished community. Of The The Lord Of The R. R. Tolkien! Anthropology and Education Quarterly, 29 (3), 297-323.

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online -
SparkNotes: The Count of Monte Cristo: Themes, Motifs & Symbols

Dec 12, 2017 An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, how to buy essay cheap with no worries -
The Count of Monte Cristo Characters - Shmoop

Analysis of a Doll#8217;s House by Henrik Ibsen. Nora and Torvald have the dishonest marriage and that proves to turn out badly for their relationship in the end. Christine remained an honest person and ended up with a rekindled relationship with her old love. At the very beginning, everything seems fine with Torvald and Nora if Nora’s initial act of dishonesty is ignored. Torvald calls to her first. “When did my squirrel come home? (Act I) Right after answering him, Nora does her best to hide the macaroons she had eaten against Torvald’s wishes by stuffing the bag in Main Characteristics of The of Monte, her pocket and frantically wiping the evidence from her mouth. All is An Illustration of the Christian Church by Geoffrey Chaucer, seemingly well between them besides Nora’s lack of willpower against cookies. When Christine comes on of the Main Characteristics, the scene, she is alone. An Analysis Of Wal-Mart Policies! She has come to where Nora lives to find work (even though she feels overworked). An Analysis Main Count Of Monte Cristo By Alexandre! She is of the in the Man by Ralph Ellison, completely honest about her situation with Nora though. From the An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count by Alexandre Dumas beginning Christine seems to have nothing to hide. We will write a custom essay sample. on Analysis of a Doll#8217;s House by Henrik Ibsen or any similar. topic specifically for An Analysis The Lord of the Triology Tolkien you.

She explains how she spent her life taking care of her family and how she no longer has someone to care for other than herself. Later in the play, when Nora and Torvald go to the party, Nora’s mind is less on dancing the Tarantella and more on the letter Krogstad had written for Torvald. In the letter was the truth about how Nora was able to pay for Torvald’s treatment in Paris. All this time, Torvald was thinking the money came from An Analysis Main Count, Nora’s father when in reality, Nora illegally forged her father’s name in order to obtain a loan from the bank at which Krogstad was employed. Nora broke to law by Characters in the Novel, Ralph, doing business without a man and of the Main of The of Monte had not notified her husband. Now Nora is doing her best to stall Torvald in hope of not letting him read his letter from his letterbox. She does her best to be subtle by begging to stay at the party longer. Torvald refuses to give in to her pleas and eventually reads the letter. The result is An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies, not pretty. Torvald becomes furious, “And as for you and of the Characteristics of The me, itmust appear as if everything between us were just as beforebut naturally only in the eyes of the world. You will still remain in my house, that is a matter of course.

Page 2 Analysis of a Doll#8217;s House by Native American Culture, Henrik Ibsen Essay. But I shall not allow you to bring up the children; I dare not trust them toyou. To think that I should be obliged to say so to one whom I have loved so dearly, and whom I still. No, that is all over. From this moment happiness is not the question; all that concerns us is to save the remains, the fragments, the appearance—” (Act III) Torvald’s idea of a solution is to An Analysis of the Characteristics of The Count do his best to hide the situation as best her can by trying to appease Krogstad. Then he wants to keep Nora as a prisoner in her own home while simultaneously isolating her from her own children indefinitely. All this time, Nora’s lies has cost her the relationship she thought she had with her husband.

At the same time, Torvald has been hiding his true self from Nora. She never expected him to The Impact of the Minor Characters in the Novel, Invisible Ellison react in such a way and this lead her to An Analysis Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas make, more than likely, one of the hardest decision’s she’s ever had to An Overview of the Native American Culture make. While Nora stresses about Krogstad’s letter, Christina decides to pay him a visit and does what Nora should have done with Torvald. Christine tells Krogstad the truth. She explains to Krogstad why they could not be together in the past.

She explains how much she needed money to of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas care for her helpless mother and An Overview of the Native Culture and the of Reading two brothers. She could not afford to wait around for An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Krogstad. That much, Krogstad can understand. Notice how, their conversation does not involve any talk of shunning the other in anyway. Because Christine is honest with Krogstad, he accepts her the Social Change in the World way she is, flaws and An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre all. In the end, Nora feels it is best for her to be on her way even after Torvald changes his mind. Krogstad decides to An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies forget the debt and not hold it over Nora’s head as blackmail any longer.

Torvald gets really happy and of the Characteristics of The Count by Alexandre tries to act as if everything can go back the way it was, “Listen to me, Nora. You don#8217;t seem to realise that it is An Introduction to the in the States During World, all over. What is this? such a cold, set face! My poor little Nora, I quite understand; you don#8217;t feel as if you could believe that I have forgiven you. But it is true, Nora, I swear it; I have forgiven you everything.

I know that what you did, you did out of love for me. ” (Act III) He wants to believe that since Krogstad has relinquished the bonds, the situation is An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The of Monte Dumas, all over and everything her said before is in the past. Unfortunately for him, Nora is An Analysis of the The Lord by J. R. R., not so sure. She thinks about An Analysis Characteristics of The Dumas how he was so ready to shun her and put her away like a common criminal. She realizes that Torvald is not the noble man she thought he was and she is not the woman for him. She is Topic American Culture and the of Reading, tired of living like a man’s plaything all her life. Torvald is the one who helps her realize it and she leaves. Christine and Krogstad decide to revive their lost love and Characteristics of The Count by Alexandre live together as a happy couple. So in the end, Nora and An Analysis Policies Torvald go through their marriage and lying to themselves and each other. As a result, the marriage falls apart and An Analysis of the Count of Monte by Alexandre Nora makes the decision to walk away.

She hopes to find herself in the world by allowing herself to be honest. Christine walks in with no one. She hides nothing and stays honest with herself. This gives her the freedom to be honest with her long, lost sweetheart, Krogstad. Her honesty gives them both the ability to truly love each other, unlike Nora and Krogstad.

Nora and Christine have essentially switched places all because Christine was honest and to the Social Change in the United During War Two Nora was not.

Buy Essays Cheap -
An analysis of the count of monte cristo novel by alexandre dumas

Dec 12, 2017 An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, buy essay online -
An analysis of the count of monte cristo by alexandre dumas

essay on ww1 and ww2 UEN Security Office. Technical Services Support Center (TSSC) Eccles Broadcast Center. 101 Wasatch Drive. Salt Lake City, UT 84112. (801) 585-6105 (fax) Argumentative Writing/WWI WWII Unit. Thinking Reasoning Communication Character Social Civic Responsibility.

English Language Arts Grade 6. Language Standard 2. a. An Analysis Of The Main Characteristics Of The Count Of Monte Cristo? English Language Arts Grade 6. Language Standard 2. b. English Language Arts Grade 6. Language Standard 3. In this 28 day unit, students will gain background information on historic wars, compare different genres’ presentations of events, recognize different points of view, research an essential question, compile evidence, create warrants that lead to a claim which answers the essential question, and write an argumentative essay. Cheryl Dominguez helped to of the Minor Novel, Man by Ralph crystallize the Essential Question #2 Graphic Organizer idea.

Main Curriculum Tie: English Language Arts Grade 6Writing Standard 1. Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence. Copy a class set for each attached graphic organizer. Background For Teachers: Many books are provided for teachers to select texts from. It is the teacher's responsibility to preread the texts that will be used in class to decide which are appropriate for the current school population. Teachers can change out any texts listed in the Bibliography Section for An Analysis of the of The of Monte by Alexandre texts containing similar information that are already in the class or school library. Jigsaw is an instructional strategy that utilizes cooperative learning. This website explains the strategy: www.jigsaw.org/overview.htm. Intended Learning Outcomes:

English Language Arts Objectives: By the end of the unit: Each student will compare different genres' presentations of events. Each student will recognize different authors' points of view in different genres. Was Started 1920 As One Best Selling Furniture Industries To Date? Each student will be able to An Analysis Main Characteristics of The Cristo by Alexandre research an An Analysis of the of the Triology by J., essential question and compile evidence to make conclusions for a claim. Each student will write an argumentative essay including basic bibliographic information. Social Studies Objectives: By the end of the unit: Each student will understand causes and effects from World War I and World War II.

Each student will understand different perspectives and events of of the Main Cristo by Alexandre WWI and WWII. 1. Topic And The Principles Of Reading? Start reading Number the Stars by Lois Lowry as a class read-aloud. Day One: Gallery Picture Walk (set up pictures of of Monte Dumas WWI and WWII around the classroom, use books #1, #2, #3, and #4 from the Bibliography Section)-Give the following prompt: As you go on a silent walk around the An Illustration of the Christian, room look at the pictures and write a short description of what you see. Small Groups-Students share their descriptions of the pictures with their small group and the group chooses the most descriptive one to share with the class. Group Share-Small groups share with class the description they chose. Open Class Question-What common words do we hear in these descriptions? Individual Work-What questions do these pictures make you have?

Write two questions to share. Small Groups-Each person shares the two questions and the small group decides on three questions to share with the class. Group Discussion-Small groups share their three questions and the class votes on the most important ones. Write these questions on a poster to hang in the room for the remainder of the unit. Quote: The first half of the 20th century was dominated by world wide conflict. During the First World War and the Second World War most of the same nations were pitted against each other.

To some, this made it seem like one long war, with a 20-year lull between fighting. At stake was the mastery of the An Analysis of The Cristo Dumas, world. But the final outcome was not what many of the leading players on either side would have hoped for-or expected. In seeking to defend or increase their power, Britain, France and Germany lost their dominant position to the United States and of Wal-Mart, Soviet Russia. ( The World Wars: an Introduction to the First Second World Wars , p. An Analysis Main Count Of Monte Cristo? 6, Bibliography Section book #5) The First World War was fought on During World War Two, such a massive scale that people called it the Great War.

Never before had any war been fought on so many battlefields, with such a vast array of powerful and destructive weapons, and resulted in of the Main of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, so many deaths. The War was a human tragedy on a global scale. It began in Europe, but countries from around the world were soon dragged into the fighting. The Impact Characters In The Invisible Man By? The war lasted for four dark years and a staggering 65 million men were mobilized to An Analysis of The Count fight. Over 21 million people died, including 13 million civilians. The terrible impact of the Corporation Was Started in the is Now Known of the Selling Industries to Date, war sparked revolutions, toppled once-great empires and Main Characteristics Count Cristo Dumas, changed the political map of of the The Lord of the Triology Europe forever. ( The World Wars: an Introduction to the First Second World Wars , p. 9, Bibliography Section book #5) World War II was the most catastrophic conflict in history. Of The Of The Cristo Dumas? Almost every continent on An Analysis of the of the Rings Triology by J. R. R. Tolkien, Earth was drawn into of the Main Characteristics of The of Monte Dumas, its fiery cauldron. Fought between two opposing alliances, known as the Allies and the Axis, the war began on September 1, 1939, when Germany invaded Poland. It ended six years and a day later with the official surrender of Corporation Was Started 1920 S and is Now As One of the Best Furniture Germany's ally Japan on An Analysis of the Characteristics Cristo Dumas, September 2, 1945. An Overview Of The Culture And The Of Reading? In that time, as many as 50 million men and women may have been killed. ( The World Wars: an Introduction to the First Second World Wars , p. 124, Bibliograpy Section book #5)

Essential Question #1-Write the following question on the front board: What were the contributing factors (causes) to the beginning of WWI and Main Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, WWII? Teacher Think-Aloud-Read p. 6-9 of book #6 in Novel, Ellison, the Bibliography Section and list the contributing factors (causes)of war that you see in those pages. Small Groups-Students read book #5 in the Bibliography Section p. 12-17 for WWI and p. 126-131 for WWII or books #5a/b p. 2-3 as small groups and compile a list of of the Main of The Dumas causes for WWI and WWII. La-Z-boy Corporation Was Started In The 1920 As One Of The Largest Best Selling Industries? Group Discussion-Share small group causes of WWI and WWII on the front board. Look for similarities and differences in the causes of An Analysis of Monte Cristo both wars? What are the Business, common causes of war that the class sees? Graphic Organizer-Hand out the cause/effect graphic organizer. Characteristics Of The Of Monte Cristo By Alexandre Dumas? As a class right the Essential Question at the top of the organizer and fill out the common causes. (see attachment #1 in the Materials Section) Save graphic organizer to use later in the unit. Building Justification Criteria: See Chapter 2 p. 41-49 of Book #7 in the Bibliography Section. Follow Hillocks suggestions for What Makes a Good Mascot and complete the activity with your class.

I would use a new school close to your area as the school and An Introduction to the Social Change United States During World War Two, choose mascots that students will know their characteristics. Hillocks uses lemurs and manatees. Most Utah students are unaware of An Analysis Characteristics of The Count Cristo what the An Analysis of the Triology, characteristics of these mascots would be. See Chapter 2 p. Main Characteristics Of Monte Cristo? 49-66 of Book #6 in An Overview Native American of Reading, the Bibliography Section. Main By Alexandre? Follow Hillocks suggestions for A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words and complete the of the Church Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, activity with your class. Before War-Common Causes: Essential Question #2: Write-Is war ever justified? on the front board. Discuss that our class will be learning about WWI and WWII in more depth. As we go through the unit I want you to look for An Analysis of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas evidence to answer this question for YOU. Each person may feel differently.

You are going to explore how you feel and An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies, make a decision for the essential question. Hand out the Essential Question #2 Notes Graphic Organizer (see attachment #2 in the Materials Section). Using your notes on common causes of war from Day Two, fill out the first section Before(Causes) of your graphic organizer deciding if you want to of the Characteristics by Alexandre Dumas put the common causes under the Change United World War Two, No or the Yes column. During War-Building Knowledge: (Could use Jigsaw as an instructional strategy during this section especially in the Biography and Historical Fiction Sections to An Analysis of the of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre save time and to differentiate instruction-see Background Knowledge Section and Strategies for An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies Diverse Learners Section for an explanation of this strategy) Small Groups-Read in small groups from the following texts and add justifications with reference citation for of the Main Characteristics of Monte Cristo Dumas each in the No or Yes columns of your Essential Question #2 Graphic Organizer in the During(Conflict) section. Selections from Book #8-Bibliography Section Selections from Book #9-Bibliography Section Selections from Book #10(More Complex)- Bibliography Section Book #11 (More Complex)-Bibliography Section Book #12(Less Complex)-Bibliography Section:Margaret Davidson p. 192-195, Calvin Graham p. 202-204, Terry Grimmesey p. 205-208. Book #13-Bibliography Section Book #14-Bibliography Section Book #15(More Complex)-Bibliography Section Book #16(Less Complex)-Bibliography Section. Book #17-Bibliography Section: Read Foreword as an introduction together as a class p. xi-xxi, then choose select poems from the rest of the book.

Group Discussion-Hand out the Genre-Point of An Illustration of the Medieval Christian Tales Chaucer View Graphic Organizer (see attachment #7 in the Materials Section). Project teacher's copy using a document camera or an overhead on the front board. Explain the different columns of the graphic organizer. Small Group Work-Allow small groups time to write what books they read under the Genre column and complete the graphic organizer together. Group Discussion-Bring the class back together and have a whole class discussion using the Main Count Cristo Dumas, information the students wrote in small groups. After War-Building Knowledge: Small Groups-Read in small groups from Book #5-Bibliography Section, WWI p. Social Change In The World War Two? 107-115, WWII p. 232-238 or Books #5a p. 16-17 and #5b p. 15-17, add justifications for each effect of war in An Analysis of the Characteristics of The of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, the No or Yes column of your Essential Question #2 Graphic Organizer in the After(Results/Effects)section. In The Novel, Ralph Ellison? Group Discussion-Discuss how to transfer your After(Results/Effects) section ideas to the cause/effect graphic organizer. Of The Main Count Cristo By Alexandre? Discuss the causes of war and the effects of war. Group Discussion-Write Warrants using the format from Chapter Two: Hillock's book (Book #7-Bibliography Section)p. 60-65 for The Impact of the Characters in the Novel, Invisible Ralph the essential question: Is war ever justified?

Group Discussion-We are going to write an argumentative essay for our essential question. Write-What does the word argument mean? Pair Share-Discuss the question with a partner. Group Discussion-Pairs share with the whole class their answers for Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre the question. Show students the following quote from the An Introduction to the During War Two, Common Core(See Bibliography Section), Arguments are used for many purposes-to change the An Analysis Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo, reader's point of view, to Business Policies bring about some action on the reader's part, or to ask the reader to accept the writer's explanation or evaluation of An Analysis Main Cristo a concept, issue, or problem. An argument is a reasoned, logical way of demonstrating that the writer's position, belief, or conclusion is An Illustration of the Christian in Centerbury by Geoffrey Chaucer, valid. In history/social studies, students analyze evidence from multiple [sources] to Main Characteristics of Monte by Alexandre advance a claim that is best supported by the evidence, and they argue for La-Z-boy Was Started is Now As One Best Selling to Date a historically. situated interpretation. Group Discussion-What is this quote telling you an argument is/is not? As a whole class make a T-Chart on Main of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, the board for what argument is/is not. Students are going to write an argumentative (argument) essay using this meaning for An Analysis of Wal-Mart the word argument. Group Discussion-Look at your graphic organizer and decide what conclusion you can draw for Essential Question #2 from the Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, information you have in your graphic organizer.

Then, highlight the information from your graphic organizer that you will use to justify your position for a yes or no answer to Essential Question #2. Corporation Was Started Is Now As One Of The Industries? This will be your claim. On your Cause/Effect Graphic Organizer highlight the warrants that justify your claim. Lastly, highlight the evidence/justifications you wrote under the No or Yes sections from the An Analysis of the Main Count Cristo Dumas, Essential Questions #2 graphic organizer that go with your claim. These will be your supporting details. Group Discussion-Show students the An Overview of the of the Native American Principles, Essay Map (attachment #3 in the Materials Section). Have students fill out the three main warrants they will be addressing from their Cause/Effect Graphic Organizer in the Main Reasons Section of the Essay Map. Group Discussion-Have students copy evidence/justification from of the Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, their Essential Question #2 Graphic Organizer to support their Warrants in the Supporting Details Section of the Essay Map. Make sure the evidence/justification used is matched to the appropriate warrants.

Group Discussion-Write this question on the front board-What is An Overview American and the Principles, a claim? Partner work/Group Discussion-partners look in the dictionary for meanings of the word claim and then the class shares out ideas. Crystallize the definition down to one like: A claim is your conclusion to the essential Question based on the evidence you have to support the Main Characteristics of The Cristo Dumas, warrants. Group Discussion-Show students the Essay Map graphic organizer again and discuss how to fill out the Claim Section by giving them the following scaffolding: War is or is not ever justified (depending on what the student decides) because of Warrant #1, Warrant #2, and Warrant #3. Of The Characters In The Novel, Man By Ralph Ellison? You may want to model one using an Essay Map from one of your students.

Individual Work-Students work to write an individual claim in the Claim Section of their Essay Maps. Writing the Body Paragraphs Group Discussion-Review writing a paragraph with a topic sentence, three specific supporting details, and a concluding sentence. Main Of Monte? Each Main Reason (Warrant) from the Essay Map is the Topic Sentence for each of the three body paragraphs in the argumentative essay. The three Supporting details from the of the Triology R. R., Essay Map are the supporting details that follow the topic sentence in each body paragraph. Students need to write a concluding sentence for each of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, three body paragraphs. So, again, each of the three body paragraphs in their essay contains a Topic Sentence (Main Reason Section), three supporting details (Supporting Details Section), and a concluding sentence to tie the paragraph together.

Individual Work-students work to write the body of the An Analysis The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, argumentative essay by writing three paragraphs, one for each Main Reason. Writing the An Analysis Characteristics Count Cristo by Alexandre, Introduction Paragraph Group Discussion-How to write an introduction paragraph which contains a hook and the claim. See Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher p. 66-67, Nonfiction Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher p. La-Z-boy In The S And Is Now Known Of The Best Selling Industries To Date? 57, and 6+1Traits of Writing by Ruth Culham p. 87-90 for teaching ideas. Individual Work-Students work to write the introduction paragraph for their essay. Group Discussion-Hand out the Writing Organization Sheet (see attachment #4 Writing Organization Sheet in the Materials Section) and review the Opening Section ideas for Main of The Count Cristo Dumas good hooks in an introduction paragraph. Individual work-Students revise their introduction paragraphs to create better hooks for their readers. Writing the Conclusion Paragraph Group Discussion-How to to the in the United During write a concluding paragraph for An Analysis of the Main of The Dumas an argumentative essay which includes: A. Student's individual thoughts about if war is ever justified; B. A restatement of the Claim; and C. A concluding wrap-up sentence.

See Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher p. 68-71, Nonfiction Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher p. 106, and 6+1Traits of Writing by Ruth Culham p. 87-90 for teaching ideas. Individual Work-Students work to write the conclusion paragraph for their essay. Group Discussion-Look at the Writing Organization Sheet (see attachment#4 in the Materials Section) and review the Conclusions section ideas for good wrap-ups in a conclusion paragraph. Individual Work-Students revise their conclusion paragraphs to create better wrap-ups for their readers. Group Discussion-Model how to tie essay paragraphs together using transition words so that the essay has an introduction paragraph, followed by a transition at the beginning of each of the three body paragraphs, followed by a transition at the beginning of the conclusion paragraph. See 6+1 Traits of An Overview of the Topic of the American Culture and the Principles Writing by Ruth Culham p. 91-92 and the Transitions section of the Writing Organization Sheet for ideas. Have students look over the Writing Organization Sheet for An Analysis Count by Alexandre Dumas ideas to La-Z-boy Corporation Was Started in the 1920 is Now As One of the Largest use in their essays. Individual Work-Students write their whole essay in one piece with an introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs (transitions at the beginning of An Analysis of the Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas each of the three body paragraphs), and a conclusion paragraph (transition at Social Change in the United States During War Two the beginning). An Analysis Main Characteristics Of The Of Monte By Alexandre Dumas? Partner Share-Students get with a partner and using a crayon highlight each of the transition words and discuss with partner if the words make sense in the context of the essay, keeping in mind that transition words help the reader understand the organization of the essay. Revising and Editing Essay Group Discussion-How do I revise my essay: A. Read essay out Minor Characters in the Invisible Man by Ralph, loud to Count Cristo see if it reads smoothly and makes sense-make any changes; and B. Add details to the essay that will help the reader more clearly understand your position in the essay. Individual Work-Students revise their essays.

Individual Work-Students reflect and An Illustration of the Christian Church Tales Chaucer, revise their essays again using the An Analysis of the by Alexandre Dumas, Self-Teacher Assessment Rubric (attachment #5 in the Materials Section). Students fill out The Impact Minor Characters Novel, Invisible Man by, just their section of the rubric. Characteristics Of Monte By Alexandre? The teacher can then use this same rubric for The Lord Rings Triology Tolkien grading purposes when the essay is submitted for grading. An Analysis Of The Main Count Of Monte Dumas? Individual Work-Student use the Editing Checklist to edit their essays(see attachment #6-Materials Section) Creating a Works Cited Page.

Group Discussion-How to write a Works Cited page. 1920 S And Is Now Known As One Of The Selling To Date? Hand out a copy of the Works Cited Page-How To Create (see attachment #9 in An Analysis of The of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, the Materials Section) to An Introduction to the Social in the States During each student. Discuss the first page together as a class and demonstrate how to appropriately cite a source on the second page (Works Cited Information Collection Page)by using book #6 in the Bibliography Section. Individual Work-Lay out all the texts utilized during this unit on a table. Students can work in groups of two or three to fill out the of the of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, Works Cited Information Collection Page for all books in the unit. Topic Of The Native Culture Of Reading? Individual Work-Students create a beginning Works Cited page for their essay. Publishing Essay Individual Work-Student publish their essays by writing a final copy (or word processing it on An Analysis of the Main of The of Monte Dumas, a computer). Celebration of Writing!-Partner Share-Students trade essays with two other students and An Analysis of Wal-Mart, fill out the Peer Assessment Rubric (see attachment #7 in of The Count Cristo Dumas, the Materials Section)

Strategies For Diverse Learners: Students that are slower readers could be mixed within the An Illustration of the Medieval Christian Church in Centerbury by Geoffrey, different small groups so that they can focus on writing notes as a faster reader reads the text to the group. Longer/more complex texts and shorter/less complex texts are labeled in the Historical Fiction and Biography sections of Days Eight-Fifteen. Teachers could utilize the Jigsaw instructional strategy explained in the Background for of The by Alexandre Teachers Section to help differentiate for of the Minor in the Man by Ralph diverse classroom learners. Assessment rubrics are built into unit instructional procedures. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry Quote from Appendix A: Common Core State Standards for ELA and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects, p. 23 Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher Nonfiction Craft Lessons by Ralph Fletcher 6+1 Traits of Writing by Ruth Culham Elementary CORE Academy 2004, Academy Handbook for of Monte Cristo Dumas Fifth Grade, p. 3:6. Books #1-#4 are used for The Impact Minor in the Novel, Man by Ralph their pictures of of the Main Characteristics of The Dumas WWI and WWII. Teachers could substitute other pictures that they have in the classroom. Book #1-World War One: Life in the Trenches by Robert Hamilton Book #2-World War One: The Great Battles by An Analysis The Lord Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, Robert Hamilton Book #3-World War Two: D-Day to Berlin by Robert Hamilton Book #4-World War Two: War in the Pacific by Robert Hamilton. Many books are provided for teachers to select texts from.

It is the teacher's responsibility to preread the texts that will be used in class to decide which are appropriate for the current school population. Teachers can change out any texts listed in An Analysis of the of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, the Bibliography Section for An Introduction Change States During World War Two texts containing similar information that are already in the class or school library. Book #5-The World Wars: An Introduction to the First Second World Wars by Usborne books (Buy enough for each small group to have a copy-After using, I would buy one book as a teacher reference and use Books #5a/b for of the by Alexandre Dumas students. They are less expensive and easier for students to gather information) Book #5a-World War I: Putting up a Front; Kids Discover magazine (Buy enough for each small group to have a copy)-EASIER READ than Book #5, could be used instead of Book #5 Book #5b-World War II; Kids Discover magazine (Buy enough for each small group to An Introduction in the United States During War Two have a copy)-EASIER READ than Book #5, could be used instead of Book #5 Book #6-The First World War by Characteristics of The Count Dumas, Usborne books Book #7-Teaching Argument Writing by Gearge Hillocks, Jr. Book #8-Heroes of the Holocaust: True Stories of Rescues by Teens by Allan Zullo and Mara Bovsun (Valuable background information in of Wal-Mart Business, the Introduction) Book #9-Survivors: True Stories of children in the Holocaust by of the Main of The of Monte Cristo by Alexandre, Allan zullo and Mara Bovsun (Valuable background information in the Introduction) Book #10-We Are Witnesses: Five Diaries of Teenagers Who Died in the Holocaust by Jacob Boas (More graphic with mature themes, possibly 8th grade) Book #11-Surviving Hitler: A Boy in the Nazi Death Camps by Andrea Warren (Excellent Biography) Book #12-We Were There, Too!: Young People in U.S.

History by Phillip Hoose Book #13-Rose Blanche by An Overview Topic of the American Culture Principles of Reading, Roberto Innocnti Book #14-The Butterfly by Patricia Polacco Book #15-Journey to Topaz by Yoshiko Uchida Book #16-Passage to Freedom: The Sugihara Story by Ken Mochizuki Book #17-. I never saw another butterfly. Children's Drawings and Poems from Terezin Concentration Camp, 1942-1944 (Expanded Second Edition), (Valuable background information in the Introduction) Aug 08 2012 15:16 PM. UEN does not endorse and is not responsible for content on external websites linked to from this page.

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality -

Dec 12, 2017 An Analysis of the Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, write my essay : 100% original content -
An analysis of the count of monte cristo by alexandre dumas

Sample ACT Writing Prompt #038; Essays. Click through the tabs below to read SIX different sample ACT essays for this prompt. An Analysis Of The Main Characteristics Of Monte Dumas. Each has a different score, and an explanation for that score at of the of the Triology by J. R. R., the end. See how you can go from a zero to a hero by An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Count of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, learning what makes the perfect ACT essay. “School’s out for summer!” How many of us have stated this sentence in June while happily beginning a summer of Topic American Principles of Reading fun activities? All students desire the small taste of freedom that comes during the summer months, but we must admit that what we want isn’t always the best thing for us. An Analysis Of The Count Cristo By Alexandre. Few students will admit this, but having an extra few months every year to complete our education would be beneficial to young people entering a world that is more global and competitive than ever. With the nine months that are currently provided, students find it difficult to complete their goals before they leave high school.

Being accepted to a college requires planning and effort which requires time that is difficult to come by during the busy school year. By extending the school year, students will be given the precious time they need in order to truly prepare for the ‘real world’. Colleges look closely at Minor in the Novel,, how students utilize their time in high school. Do students do well in their courses? Are students afraid of taking difficult courses? Are students ‘well-rounded’ with extracurricular activities? Many students may desire to take leadership roles in multiple organizations, but are unable to due to time constraints. With an extra few months each year, students will be able to fulfill all of these requirements.

They will be able to take more courses to Main Characteristics Count Cristo by Alexandre, complete globally while participating in a wider variety of The Impact of the Characters in the Invisible Man by Ellison after school activities. With all of the pressures facing teenagers today, many of us struggle to An Analysis Main Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo, keep a high grade point average. It is An Analysis of the Triology by J. very difficult to be involved with outside activities while maintaining academic excellence. However, colleges do not take this into consideration when considering the growing number of applicants that come across their desks each year. Many students who are from other nations such as Japan and China spend much more time in school, and Main Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas are therefore at an advantage when being compared to An Introduction Social in the United World War Two, American students. Students in An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Cristo Dumas our country need to step up to The Impact Minor in the Novel, Ellison, the global plate and use all twelve months of the An Analysis Characteristics year to achieve their goals. Academics aside, students often struggle to achieve their personal goals within a nine month school year. A student may face a choice between an AP Calculus course and An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business a music course. Which looks more impressive on a transcript? The student will sacrifice their personal interest in order to look more impressive to colleges and universities.

This may lead to students having higher levels of stress and becoming burnt out. High school is a turning point for many people. It can either be a foundation for Main of The Cristo a successful life or the beginning of An Overview Native of Reading a life of disappointment and deferred dreams. A few extra months of education each year may make all the difference. With the additional time, students can take both the courses they want and An Analysis Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Dumas the courses they need while having more time to work at a reasonable pace and to reduce stress and pressure. Teenagers work hard to build the foundation for their future, and they need as much time as possible to ensure their success. This essay reflects effective skill in responding to the task. The writer takes a stance on the issue and to the Change in the States War Two offers a critical context for discussion. The writer also looks at the underlying cultural influences regarding the issue and of the offers clear examples of The Impact Minor Characters Ralph these.

The argument is clearly supported by An Analysis Main of Monte by Alexandre Dumas, both general and specific examples. The organization of the essay is clear and logical, with effective use of transitions throughout. The introduction and conclusion are effective, well developed and captivating to the reader. Language and vocabulary usage are excellent, and there are few mistakes to La-Z-boy Was Started in the S and As One of the Largest Selling Furniture, distract the reader. Blank test, illegible, not in English, off-topic. In this essay I will be writing about how year long schools are a bad idea. An Analysis Main Characteristics Count Of Monte Cristo By Alexandre. Students already have to go to Business, school for much too long.

School is a place where students can learn about things that will help them in life and students are also able to socialize with others during the school year. Summer vacation is the only thing that people look forward too, and even teachers are happy when the school year is over. Going on vacation helps students to Characteristics of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, do better in school and to graduate on An Introduction Social Change in the United During World War Two time. My friends and I have a lot of fun during the summer but we also get jobs to earn money so that we can do the fun activities that we like to do. An Analysis Characteristics Count Of Monte. Some parents don’t like that students get to get the summers off but our schools have been that way for many years and I just don’t think that nothing needs to change. This essay shows little skill in replying to the task.

While the An Analysis of Wal-Mart Policies writer does take a stance on Main Count of Monte Cristo their opinion in the opening sentence, they fail to use any logical argument to support their thesis. There are many different ideas and An Overview of the of the Native American Culture Principles thoughts scattered throughout the essay without using any logical structure or progression. There are leaps between each subject that is addressed and there are no transitions or discernible organization to the essay. The student repeats different ideas over and over in lieu of explaining them. If you ask any student if they would enjoy going to school all year, the of the Main Characteristics of Monte Dumas vast majority would say no. I would be one of the few that would say yes, not because I would enjoy losing my vacation, but because I would want to make sure that I have more time to prepare for the real world after I graduate high school. Along with this, I feel that we waste a lot of time preparing for the tests that we have to take at the end of the year, and An Overview American Culture and the this might make up for the time that we lose when we are doing that. High school students today have to enter a world where there are not very many jobs.

Students need to learn more in school and become smarter so that they can get the jobs since many more people are going against them to of the Characteristics of The Count, get these jobs. Of The Christian In Centerbury. Even if students go to college, many of them aren’t ready and are shocked when they enter college. Maybe if we went to school during the summer, we could learn what we need to learn so that we will be ready. We waste so much time learning how to take the state tests every year that we basically waste several months every year, so we should make up the time by learning in the summer. Also, most other jobs in the real world happen all year, so we should just go ahead and get used to that anyway. The writer shows inconsistent skill in addressing the task. Although there are clear ideas and arguments made, they are rather thin and are not given sufficient explanation throughout the essay. There is some organizational structure and logical progression, but the An Analysis Main of The of Monte Dumas conclusion is minimal and not clearly separated from the Business discussion of the other arguments in An Analysis of the Main of The Count Cristo the essay. Transitions are present but are minimal and simplistic. Sentence structure and An Illustration of the Christian word choice shows some variety. There are minimal language usage errors to distract the reader.

Experts debate changing the An Analysis of the of The Count Cristo Dumas school calendar to year-round schools. Some experts believe that this helps students not to waste time during the summer so that they can learn all the La-Z-boy Corporation Was Started S and As One Best Furniture to Date things that they need to learn. Other experts feel that the students of today are already too busy and need a break in the summer to rest and get ready for the next school year. Both sides have strong points but it is my opinion that we should keep the summer vacation in An Analysis of the Main Cristo the school calendar. I agree that high school should keep the summer vacation because many students will loose interest in school if they aren’t given a break to rest and get ready for the following year. School is very busy for students with both educational and extracurricular activities, and if students don’t get to rest sometimes, they will get burned out and will do worst at school instead of better. Many students already loose their interest in school and drop out before they finish, and I think that taking away summer vacation would just make that problem worse instead of better. I also feel that it is important to of Wal-Mart Policies, have summer vacations so that students can do things in the real world instead of An Analysis Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas just inside of a school building. Most students get jobs over the summer so that they can save money to go to college or to buy cars or other things that they want to buy themselves. Some parents can’t afford to buy their kids lots of stuff that they need so it helps when the kids can work and buy it for themselves. Some students also get to go on vacation to other places in An Overview Native American and the of Reading the world and meet other people and they can learn lots from An Analysis Main Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo Dumas that instead of just learning from books inside of An Illustration Tales school.

It just seems to me that going to school all year is way too long for most people. It is hard enough to of the Characteristics Cristo by Alexandre, make it through the Policies school year the way it is and adding three more months will just be to much for some people. Students would give up and drop out or fail if they had to Characteristics of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, stay in school all that time. The writer shows some skill in the writing task. The writer takes a position on of the in Centerbury by Geoffrey Chaucer the issue and offers arguments and examples to Characteristics of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, support their claims. The student repeats the An Analysis Rings Triology R. R. Tolkien prompt in An Analysis Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo Dumas the introduction of the essay, but does not offer any counter arguments in An Analysis of the Triology the body of the An Analysis of the Cristo work. Of The The Lord Rings Triology By J. Tolkien. Discussion of each idea is limited to general statements that are never illustrated by specific reasons, examples, or details. The writer does, however, stay on topic and keeps a logical progression to An Analysis Main of The Cristo Dumas, their arguments. Transitions are used, but there are no meaningful connections between the paragraphs of the An Illustration of the Medieval in Centerbury Tales Chaucer essay. There are clear introductions and conclusions but they are underdeveloped, repeating either the given writing prompt or ideas that were just stated in the body of the essay.

Language use shows some variety, but there are some distracting usage errors. Educators debate the usefulness of a summer vacation in of the of The of Monte todays changing world. Those who support a year round schedule feel that students will be given more time to prepare for college and for a more competitive job field, while those against it feel that students will become burnt out without a break and will perform more poorly than before due to feeling overwhelmed. There are advantages and disadvantages to each side of the argument, but I feel that having a 12 month school year would be counterintuitive for many reasons, such as a loss of interest and motivation, loss of real life experiences and the fact that three extra months of learning will not solve the bigger issues that face our educational system. Firstly, students don’t really learn the whole time they are in school with the An Overview Topic American Culture and the of Reading current schedule.

Every spring, students and of the Main Characteristics of The of Monte by Alexandre Dumas teachers get burnt out and just do the minimum amount of work required to get through to the end of the school year. The last week of school is often spent just watching movies or doing nothing at all. With an extended school year this attitude will persist for An Illustration of the Medieval Church Tales months instead of a few weeks, and nothing will get accomplished anyway. Secondly, students will lose the opportunity to learn things during the summer. An Analysis Of The Main Characteristics Of The Count Cristo. Yes, it is possible to learn outside of school! Many students get jobs during the summer in order to help with expenses. This helps kids to learn responsibility as well as helping them to try different professions so that they can decide what they want to An Introduction United States, do with their lives. Some students also use the summer to An Analysis Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, travel with there families and learn more about different places and cultures. Lastly, extending the school year just seems like a ‘quick fix’ solution to bigger issues in the American school system.

Tacking three months onto of the in Centerbury Tales by Geoffrey, the school year isn’t going to fix the of the Main of The of Monte by Alexandre Dumas dropout rates or inclining test scores. It may even worsen these problems due to the drop in both teacher and student morale. In conclusion, nine month long school years are more than long enough for students to The Impact of the Characters in the Man by Ralph Ellison, learn the things that they need to learn in An Analysis Main of The Cristo by Alexandre Dumas order to succeed. The problems that students face will only be worsened by Topic of the Culture Principles of Reading, a year-long school calendar. We have had the An Analysis Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo same school calendar for of the Medieval Christian by Geoffrey many decades and many people have managed to learn and succeed without attending school over the summer, so why would we think that students today are any different? The student displays adequate skill in responding to the task. The writer takes a position and An Analysis of the Characteristics of The Count of Monte by Alexandre provides clear examples to support their arguments.

The writer addresses some counter-arguments to their own position, which shows some complexity and depth to their ideas. The development of ideas is logical and adequate, and focus on Characters Invisible Man by Ralph the original issue is maintained throughout the essay. The organization is clear but predictable, and An Analysis of the Main Characteristics Cristo by Alexandre Dumas transitions between the paragraphs are overly obvious and simplistic. La-Z-boy Was Started In The Is Now Known As One Of The Selling Industries To Date. The introduction and conclusion are clear and somewhat developed. Language and An Analysis Main of The of Monte word choice show some variety and An Analysis of Wal-Mart Business Policies proficiency.

However, there are some distracting errors in word usage. Demand for excellence in both academics and extracurricular activities are forcing high school students to work their fingers to the bone in order to reach the An Analysis Characteristics of The Count by Alexandre Dumas high standards that are applied to them in today’s society. This is hardly surprising in a society which admires those who make the most money and obtain the highest achievements. Having students attend school through the summer would give more opportunities to take courses which interest them while relieving some of the stress that they face and An Introduction to the Social United States During World helping the An Analysis Characteristics Count young people of today to prioritize their wants and in Centerbury Chaucer needs accordingly. Many schools offer an abundance of Main of The Count of Monte Cristo Dumas interesting courses, but many students, particularly college bound students, do not have the opportunity to take these courses.

Instead, they are pressured to take courses which will be required for college as opposed to being able to learn something that grabs there interest. College admissions are more competitive than ever, so students will take difficult and more ‘impressive’ courses in in the Novel, Ralph order to have a leg up instead of being able to learn about things that they enjoy. Life for teenagers today is more stressful than ever. We have parents and teachers who ask about our college and career paths starting in elementary school. Stress is a real problem for many young people today.

They have to consider many things: Where should I go to college? How will I pay for college? What should I choose for my career? All of these questions are very stressful and can cause students to turn to unhealthy habits such as drugs and alcohol in order to cope. By adding a few extra months to the school year, students would have many more options and choices, and this would help to decrease the stress that they face in a 9 month school year.

Nobody seems to have enough time available in order to complete what they want to complete. Students have no time for family, friends, relaxing or perusing hobbies that they enjoy. Instead, they must concentrate on school and how to look impressive to colleges in order to obtain admissions and scholarships. Even when young people do take some time to relax, adults often assume that we are ‘lazy young people’ who don’t know how to work hard! While some teenagers are lazy (just the same as there are lazy adults!), they also need to know that some relaxation is important for physical and mental health. While some people may think that this is of the Characteristics Count Cristo Dumas achieved through a three month summer vacation, they should realize that most teenagers just take on jobs or internships to earn money instead of just relaxing… and in the 1920 S and As One Largest to Date before they know it, they are back in the stressful school environment. Being in school year round can help students prioritize their sanity by slowing down and taking things at a reasonable pace instead of squeezing everything into 9 months. With such high standards for young people today, isn’t it fair that they should have a few extra months a year in of the Main Characteristics of The by Alexandre order to get everything done and, heaven forbid, have a bit of An Overview of the Native Culture and the fun and An Analysis Main Characteristics Count relaxation? Having year round schooling will help students to work at Topic American Culture and the of Reading, a more leisurely pace to An Analysis of the of The by Alexandre, complete their courses and prepare for college or the An Analysis of the of the Triology by J. R. R. world of work. They will be able to learn about things that interest them instead of of The Count of Monte Cristo Dumas just what they ‘should’ learn for college, and Was Started is Now As One of the Largest they will be able to Characteristics of The Dumas, have more time to relax and learn how to of the Minor Characters Novel, Man by Ellison, prioritize their health and mental well being. An Analysis Of The Characteristics Of The Count Of Monte Cristo Dumas. Having year round schooling will benefit students for An Analysis Business years to of the Main Characteristics of The of Monte Cristo Dumas, come.

This essay takes a stance and offers explanation within a larger context of today’s society and culture. The essay demonstrates understanding of the of the Characters Novel, Invisible Ralph Ellison complexities of the argument by An Analysis Characteristics Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, taking many different perspectives into account without unnerving the argument made by the writer. The development of the essay is logical and fluid. An Analysis Of Wal-Mart Policies. The essay provides both general ideas and specific examples to support the thesis. Some ideas are developed fully and critical conclusions are made. Transitions are well crafted and Main Characteristics of The Count Cristo Dumas used appropriately.

Language usage is generally clear, but there are some distracting mistakes with homonyms. Vocabulary is complex and correctly used. Good Luck ACT is the free, complete guide to An Analysis of the Triology by J. Tolkien, the ACT exam. We give you detailed information on all the different types of questions on the test, as well as strategies to excel in each section. You can also take our free ACT practice test to see how prepared you are. This site is written by Erica Newsome, an experienced public educator in both the United States and Canada.

She has spent her career helping secondary students excel and prepare for An Analysis Main Characteristics of The Count of Monte Cristo Dumas college. ACT® is the registered trademark of ACT, Inc. 2006 2013 LangVid Language Training.